The Y is here to serve your family with virtual school. Check out TWO options:
The YMCA has been providing afterschool care to the school districts across Williamson and Burnet Counties for over 30 years. We realize, in light of the current situation, that you as a parent may need a full-day option that will provide not only care but also tutoring for your children. We have it all covered at the Y, so don’t stress about trying to juggle everything. Give your kids the best chance for their academic development and register today for virtual school @ the Y!
Offered At Camp Twin Lakes and Camp Round Rock
Join us for Virtual School @ the Y! YMCA Camp Twin Lakes and Camp Round Rock are going LIVE so that students can safely join their virtual classrooms. We will provide Wi-Fi and tutors so that students can log into their virtual classrooms each day to successfully complete their schoolwork. Then when the school bell rings, it’s time to join in on the fun of camp and have the best of both worlds!
- Kindergarten – 5th Grade
- Safety policies & protocols in place
- Small groups of 10 or less
- Extended school hours
- Affordable cost (financial assistance available)
- FUN activities:
- Slip n Slide
- Arts & Crafts
- Rock Climbing
- Hiking (CTL only)
- and more!
- YMCA utilizes a “curbside” drop-off and pick-up system. This is done to reduce the number of people entering buildings/property. We ask parents to remain in their vehicles and our staff will assist your child with entering/exiting the vehicle.
- YMCA staff will conduct a temperature screening of everyone in the vehicle at drop-off. If any child or parent has a fever, at or above 100.0 (per CDC guidelines), the child will not be permitted at Virtual School @ the Y that day and cannot return until they are fever-free for at least 24 hours.
- We will be doing temperature checks throughout the day to ensure the well-being and safety of our students and staff. We will practice consistent hand washing and provide hand sanitizer throughout the day.
- All students, ages 10 years and older, are required to arrive at camp wearing a face covering at drop-off each day. Students (ages 10 years and older) will only use face coverings indoors or at those limited times when social distancing cannot be maintained. YMCA Staff will be wearing masks as well.
- The YMCA will place kiddos into small groups of 10 or less. Social distancing will be practiced between groups and within groups to the best of our abilities for the safety and well-being of all our kiddos.
Please watch the video below to learn more information about the safety policies and procedures that we use during Virtual School @ the Y!