Stretch your limits with Y Gymnastics!
Gymnastics classes focus on enhancing basic body movement, coordination, and muscle development. The Y offers gymnastics for beginners to advanced levels.
- Tiny Tots (Preschool): This class is designed specifically for toddlers and their parents! In this class parents and children work together to increase the child’s attention span, special awareness and motor skills. We will accomplish these goals with group time activities like games and songs, as well as rotation on vault, bars, beam, floor and trampoline
- Flippin’ For Fun (Preschool): This class is designed to give your child independence! directions, listening, processing skills, cooperating, and continue to grow their motor skills. Our curriculum teaches your child basic gymnastics skills and simple tricks on our “kid friendly” equipment designed to make learning fun and safe
- Developmental (Preschool): This class prepares children for our Beginner Class by introducing children to basic body positions, beginning tumbling, and are instructed in gymnastics terminology.
- Beginner: Our curriculum teaches your child basic gymnastics skills and simple tricks on our “kid friendly” equipment designed to make learning fun and safe. The class focuses on enhancing basic body movement, coordination, and muscle development through physical activities.
- Intro to Intermediate: This class is designed for Level 1 gymnasts who have already been There is a higher level of maturity required for Intermediate and Advanced classes so that time is spent perfecting skills previously learned & working on new skills to prepare them for advancement rather than before advancing.
- Intermediate: Designed for slightly more experienced children, this class will serve to bridge the gap between our beginner-level gymnastics and higher skill level classes.
- Advanced: This is a group of children that not only show great potential, but also the desire to pursue gymnastics at a more advanced pace. Their structured training includes training on all the gymnastics events (Vault, Bars, Beam, and Floor/Tumbling).