CTL Day Camp Parent Orientation
Learn About YMCA Day Camp
Campers are assigned to Units by grade level they will be entering. Mutual buddy requests, within grade level, from campers are honored whenever possible. If two campers are not in the same unit; the older camper will always be placed with the younger camper’s group. Campers are not able to request specific counselors.
Group Unit & Color
K & 1st Grade Tenderfoot – Green
2nd Grade Survivor – Red
3rd Grade Navigator – Purple
4th Grade Explorer – Yellow
5th Grade Trekker – Royal Blue
6th Grade Voyager – Tie Dye
7th-9th Grade Ranger – Sandstone
5th-9th Grade Super Camp – Gray (Superman)
10th & 11th Grade CIT – Pink
Sample Daily Schedule
7:00am-9:00am Camper Check-in
9:00am-9:45am Opening Ceremony or Activity Period 1 & Snack
10:00am-11:00am Activity Period 2
11:00am-12:00pm Activity Period 3
1:00pm-2:00pm Activity Period 4
2:00pm-3:00pm Activity Period 5
3:00pm-4:00pm Activity Period 6 & Snack
4:15pm-6:00pm Camper Check-out
Building Strong Kids
The goal of our Day Camp Program is build stronger and more resilient kids. This is done by allowing the ABCs of Summer Camp to form the foundation of our program.
Campers gain a sense of accomplishment by trying new activities, overcoming challenges, conquering fears, and learning skills. Not only do we value accomplishment, but we also celebrate persistence and the “I can do this” mindset.
Making new friends and being a good friend helps campers develop a sense of belonging and creates a camp culture of inclusiveness. At YMCA Camp Twin Lakes, each camper is a valued and important member of this camp community.
We discuss character traits and values in many ways at camp. YMCA Camp Twin Lakes places an emphasis on learning, perseverance, and striving to be your best self. Our core values of Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility are incorporated into everything we do here at camp.
June 1st – August 13, 2021
Programs: 9:00 AM – 4:15 PM
Extended Care: 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM / 4:15 PM – 6:00 PM
- May 31-June 3: Space is the Place
- June 6-10: Superheroes
- June 13-17: Texas Frontier
- June 20-24: Summer Olympics
- June 27-July 1: Hawaiian Hulabaloo
- July 5-8: Party in the USA
- July 11-15: Color Games
- July 18-22: Carnival Craziness
- July 25-29: Camp’s Got Talent
- August 1-5: The Amazing Race
- August 8-12: Myths and Legends
Camp Twin Lakes Rates
YMCA Family Members
- $215 / Early-bird Fee
- $220 / Camp Fee
- $245 / Early-bird Fee
- $250 / Camp Fee
Super Series Programs
YMCA Family Members
- $275 / Early-bird Fee
- $285 / Camp Fee
- $305 / Early-bird Fee
- $315 / Camp Fee
Register early and save! Secure your spots with just a $5 deposit per week through December 31, 2021.
Early-bird Fee: Register by December 31, 2021 to lock in last summer’s camp rates (aka Early-Bird Fee). Campers that register during Early Bird Registration will receive a Camp T-shirt.
Sibling Bonus: $25 off camp rate for each camper per week after the first week if registered by December 31, 2021.
Is your camper looking for something a little different than our traditional Day Camp program? Our Super Series Programs may be the perfect fit then. Each of our Super Series Programs has a different focus and includes more of a certain type of activity or specialized instruction related to the program.
- Super Camp Ages 8-14 FOR THE DAY CAMP THRILL SEEKER! Super campers have the opportunity to experience more high energy, high adventure activities every day of the week. Super Campers will participate in one extra activity in the morning.
- Super Sports Ages 7-14 Campers will receive 4 hours of specialized Sports instruction each day. These campers will participate in one traditional outdoor adventure camp activity during the last rotation of each day. Super Sports will run Weeks 2-10.
- Super Gymnastics/Dance Ages 5-12 Campers will receive 4 hours of specialized Gymnastics or Dance instruction each day. These campers will participate in one traditional outdoor adventure camp activity during the last rotation of each day. Super Gymnastics/Dance will run Weeks 2-10.
- Super STEAM Ages 7-14 Our Super STEAM campers will immerse themselves in a world of discovery and exploration for 4 hours each day both indoors and outdoors. These campers will participate in one traditional outdoor adventure camp activity during the last rotation of each day. Super STEAM will run Weeks 2-11.
- Super Kinder Camp Ages 5-6 Super Kinder Camp is a primarily indoor Day Camp program run out of the Twin Lakes Family YMCA. This program creates unique experiences and adventures for the campers enrolled in the program. All campers will receive lunch and get to swim every day.
Super Series Program Cost:
YMCA Family Members
- $275 / Early-bird Fee
- $285 / Camp Fee
- $305 / Early-bird Fee
- $315/ Camp Fee
NEW FOR SUMMER 2021! YMCA Camp Twin Lakes will be switching to a new registration system this coming summer. This will allow our parents to do more online with regards to camp. Through your Parent Camp-In-Touch Account you will now be able to:
- Digitally fill out the required Camper Forms (Medical Form and Camper Profile)
- View your Camp Invoice and make payments electronically
- Read the Daily Camp Blog and view Activity Schedule
- Add funds to your camper’s Trading Post Account instantly
- And much more…
To log into your Parent Camp-In-Touch Account click here.
Express Check-In: 7:00am-9:00am
Campers can begin being dropped off at Camp at 7:00 AM Monday through Friday. The Check-In area for Camp is located in the Twin Lakes Family YMCA main parking lot (204 East Little Elm Trail, Cedar Park). As you enter the YMCA parking lot you will see signs directing you to Check-In. A camp staff member will greet you, ask for your PIN NUMBER and give you directions to your camper’s Unit.
From there you will follow the signs to your camper’s Unit. Here, you will be greeted by a Unit staff member and will drop off your camper. After dropping off your camper, you will continue driving through Camp and exiting via Camp’s South Entrance. During the summer months, the camp road through the park is a ONE WAY street. Traffic flows from north to south through camp only.
We ask that parents please remain in their vehicles while dropping off and picking up campers so that traffic keeps moving.
Express Check-out: 4:15pm-6:00pm
Express Check-Out follows a similar procedure as Express Check-In. Only persons specifically authorized on the camper registration form with a PIN NUMBER or valid ID will be able to check-out a camper. All authorized individuals must be at least 18 years of age.
- Appropriate clothing for play and weather.
- Close-toed shoes, preferably sneakers. (NO sandals please)
- Swimsuit and towel.
- Refillable water bottle.
- Backpack to hold their items.
- Small, cooler-type lunch box with a healthy and hearty lunch, unless your camper is signed up for the Lunch Program.
- Sunscreen (SPF 15 or higher). Don’t forget to apply before arriving. Counselors will supervise the application of sunscreen throughout the day but are unable to apply sunscreen unless it is in spray form.
Pro Packing Tip: Label everything with the camper’s first and last name.
- Don’t send any valuable clothing or other valuable items to camp.
- NO sandals.
- iPods, electronic games, game boys, Nintendo DS systems, and cell phones do not fit into this camp setting.
- Please leave these items at home.
- And of course; firearms, knives, fireworks, matches, lighters and tobacco products are prohibited.
Campers have the option to bring their lunch or have lunch provided by camp. The lunch add-on requires an extra $35 weekly fee and must be purchased a week in advance. Campers do not have access to a refrigerator or microwave. Please send a lunch and drink every day in an insulated cooler.
Sample Menu Items:
Turkey and Cheddar Sandwich, Chips, Orange Slices, Capri-Sun
Hamburger with Cheese on the side, Chips, Banana, Bottled Water
Pizza Sticks, Baby Carrots with Ranch, Orange Slices, Bottled Water
Day Campers will have a chance to visit the Trading Post to purchase snacks, drinks, and/or souvenirs once during each camp session. Parents are encouraged to fund their camper’s Trading Post account through Camp-In-Touch after registering. We recommend putting $5-$20 into a camper’s Trading Post account per session. At the end of the summer, we will refund back Trading Post funds that have a balance greater than or equal to $5. Trading post accounts with a balance of less than $5 will be donated to our Kids to Camp Scholarship fund.
Depositing money into a camper’s Trading Post Account is NOT mandatory. All campers receive two free snacks per day.
How to set up a trading post account:
To add funds to your camper(s) Trading Post Account please log into your Camp-In-Touch Account here after you have registered. Once logged in click on “View Trading Post Account” to add funds.
Weekly Deposit: $5 per Camper per week through December 31, 2021
$25 per Camper per week beginning on January 1, 2022
Deposits are also applied to the weekly fees for your selected camp location.
WRITTEN NOTICE 2 WEEKS PRIOR to the start of any program is required to receive a refund of monies (minus deposit) or not be held responsible for payment in full. Please email the Camp Director or Camp Business Manager to cancel a camp session.
A full refund (including the deposit) will be issued if a camp session is cancelled by December 31, 2021.
We believe that all children deserve the opportunity to attend Summer Camp and we never want the cost of camp to be a barrier to that opportunity. Financial Assistance is available to families that find the full cost of camp just out of reach. You can apply for Financial Assistance at any of the YMCA of Greater Williamson County health & wellness center locations.
Our caring counselors are professional role models.
Kids cool off in the pool under the watch of certified lifeguards.
Healthy Kids Focus
Dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children.
Financial Assistance Available
We believe every child should have the opportunity to experience camp.
Extended Care Available
After hours to accommodate working parents.