PROTECT YOURSELF AND PREVENT THE SPREAD OF ILLNESS
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who enters our doors.
There are growing concerns about the potential spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Texas, and in an effort to keep you and your family healthy and prevent the spread of germs, we want to keep you informed about what the Y is doing to prevent the spread of the disease in our community and how you can help.
Stay in touch with us through our Member Engagement Newsletters during this time.
April 1, 2020:
March 28, 2020:
March 24, 2020:
March 18, 2020:
Hours of Operation:
- As of Wednesday, March 18th, branches will be temporarily closed starting at 6pm. At this time, our facilities are currently closed through April 30th, 2020.
We have some exciting VIRTUAL WELLNESS Opportunities to share with our members! As we promised, we are committed to bringing the Y to YOU! Please check your inbox for the links to the following at home virtual workouts.
- LES MILLS ON DEMAND: We are so thankful for our partnership with LES MILLS and that they are offering our members at home workouts during this time. This platform offers 95 free workouts across 8 categories. All the workouts are in English, but you should find it easy to follow the visual cues. We promise it won’t automatically collect your data and it will remain available as long as the disruption from Coronavirus continues.
- YMCA 360: With YMCA 360 you can participate in your favorite YMCA programs anytime that fits your needs. Through a generous partnership with YMCA’s around the country, we are able to provide our members with on demand YMCA Group Exercise Wellness Programs, including Y programs focused on Active Older Adults.
- SILVERSNEAKERS On Demand: For our members who are eligible for SilversSneakers, they have launched an On Demand platform just for you! While you are welcome to utilize our programs, these are additionally available to you. A login is required by SilverSneakers.
- SILVERSNEAKERS On YouTube For ALL: For ANY member interested in low-impact programs, SilverSneakers offers a comprehensive FREE library on YouTube. This is accessible FOR ALL.
Programming: The following programs are suspended as of Wednesday, March 18th, until further notice. More information will be communicated to you by the Program Director to select another option. Please be patient with us at this time as we work to communicate and contact everyone as quickly as possible.
- Adult Sports
- Youth Sports
- Youth & Family (Free Family Friday, Kid’s Night Out, Dance, Gymnastics, etc.)
- Swim Lessons
- Junior Waves
- Small Group Training
- In the event of a cancellation, credits can be issued and applied to future sessions or seasons.
- Masters Swimming will continue as scheduled.
Branch Events: All branch events are suspended until further notice.
A Message from our CEO
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County has been a part of these great communities for over 40 years. In communities large and small, from Round Rock to Burnet, and everywhere in between, we work relentlessly to empower youth, build healthier families and foster inclusive communities. We have walked alongside our community through the good and the bad and will continue to be here with you to face every challenge that comes our way. While how we serve our community may look a little different over the coming weeks, we will continue to find innovative ways to serve you in spirit, mind and body. Together, we will come out of this stronger.
During this unprecedented time as our nation works to contain COVID-19, we are committed to maintaining a safe environment and supporting the health of our community. It was shared today that as a nation we should limit social gathering to 10 people or less and Judge Gravell has asked many organizations to close to assist in “flattening the curve” of this disease. With this order in mind, we will temporarily close our facilities at 6pm tonight. At this time, we plan to follow ISDs and reopen Monday, April 6th at our normal business hours.
While we are fully aware that this situation is very fluid, our intent is to re-open as soon as possible to serve you. In anticipation of this, we will be compensating all of our staff during this shut down, so they are here to help you upon your return.
In addition, I fully expect that our YMCA will be called upon to provide additional scholarship funds to families in need and who have been financially devastated and will need our services now, more than ever.
If you would like a credit for the days we are closed, please contact us (include your branch) and request one, and we will gladly accommodate once we know the totality of the shut down period. Many of our members have asked us to utilize their anticipated credit for those in need… God bless those of you who are helping us help others!
Please be safe, know that you and your family are part of our YMCA family and we can’t wait to see you again.
We will keep you informed as we continue to serve our communities in the weeks ahead and we hope that you will lean in with us to support where assistance is needed most.
Yours in Health,
President and CEO
March 16, 2020:
All Excursion Spring Break Camps, Camp Twin Lakes, and Camp Round Rock are cancelled for the remainder of the week. Burnet Spring Break Camp is still operating as usual.
March 13, 2020:
Please check your email for an update from the YMCA of Greater Williamson County on COVID-19 and the YMCA.
We can all do our part to prevent the spread of illness in our community. You can help us by following the Centers for Disease Control’s prevention recommendations:
- Know the symptoms: Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- Stay home when you OR your child is sick or exhibiting early symptoms of illness.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces like door knobs and handles using a household disinfectant on a regular basis.
- When at the Y, please use the provided sanitizing wipes or spray to wipe down all equipment including mats and weights and machines after use.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating; after going to the bathroom or changing a diaper; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Be prepared and informed on the Novel Coronavirus by obtaining regular updates at cdc.gov.
Your Y is regularly cleaned by a local cleaning company and special care is taken by Y staff to meet quality standards put in place year-round to keep our facilities clean and safe. You can expect to see our staff cleaning frequently touched surfaces more often, including door handles, exercise equipment, phones, lockers, tablets and more throughout the facility.
The Y remains open to serve our community and any facility closures will be made in accordance with guidelines from the Texas Department of State Health Services and our local Department of Public Health.