We are only a few weeks away from the famous Turkey Trot, but don’t worry there is still time to train. The Turkey Trot is a well-known race for millions of people across the United States. What better way to start off your day of indulgent eating than a 5 mile jog? The Turkey Trot is a fun way to meet others in your community, support a charity, and spend time with your family and friends.
After you have signed up to participate in the trot it is time to get training! Here are a few tips to be prepared the day of the Turkey Trot:
- Training Plan: Start preparing for the race now by adding a mile when running each day, but remember to always take a day off. We are 3 weeks away from the trot, so start today with one mile and add from there!
- Pace yourself: Don’t start off the race with a sprint. Your adrenaline will be pumping, but start at a normal pace and maintain this throughout the race. Run at the pace you have been training at, and save your sprint for the finish line.
- Wear Comfortable shoes: This might be your first time running in the trot, so remember to wear your comfortable running shoes. If you are new to running go get fitted at a running store prior to training so your shoes will be nice and broken in come the day of the race.
- Lining Up: Be cautious of where you are lining up for the race. Avoid the front of the line unless you plan to try to place in the top 3 of your age group. Being towards the back of the line allows for you to keep a more steady pace throughout the race.
- Have fun: Remember to have fun and enjoy your family and friends! This is a family fun event to kick start Thanksgiving day, so we hope that you enjoy it!